If you only notice the imperfections, like chips, cracks, stains, and gaps, when you look at your smile in the mirror or in photos of yourself, you might think that the only way to smile confidently is to hide your teeth. After all, most patients believe that cosmetic dentistry is too expensive or takes too long to deliver the desired results. Luckily, a procedure known as direct bonding can help you say goodbye to minor smile flaws quickly and affordably. Keep reading below to learn more about direct bonding in Lexington and how it can change your grin for the better.
Cosmetic Direct Bonding – Lexington, KY
Say Goodbye to Minor Smile Flaws
Why Choose Dental Wellness of Lexington for Cosmetic Direct Bonding?
- Trained by the Las Vegas Institute of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Able to Improve One Tooth or Your Entire Smile
- Remove Minor Cosmetic Flaws in Just One Treatment
How Direct Bonding Works
Direct bonding utilizes a material called composite resin, which is actually the same substance we typically use to fill cavities. We begin the treatment process by having one of our dentists numb the area around your problem tooth. Next, we apply an etchant material to help the resin better adhere to the pits and grooves in the tooth’s surface. We then apply the putty-like resin (which has been color-matched to blend in with your existing enamel) to the tooth in layers until it’s built up to the perfect size and shape. Once the material has been absorbed into the porous enamel of the tooth, we use a curing light to harden the resin into place, creating a powerful bond between the resin and the tooth (hence the name “direct bonding”). Lastly, the material is smoothed and polished, leaving you with a perfectly flawless grin.
Who Should Consider Direct Bonding?
Virtually anyone who has small imperfections in their smile would make an ideal candidate for direct bonding. Some examples of patients who would benefit from this procedure include patients who:
- Have generally adequate oral health, but whose smiles have been damaged by years of daily wear and tear
- Have deep-set stains caused by dental fluorosis or tetracycline exposure, or who have yellowing teeth as a result of the natural process of aging
- Want to close tiny gaps between their teeth without undergoing orthodontic treatment
Benefits of Direct Bonding
Although no cosmetic treatment is perfect for every patient, there are several benefits to choosing direct bonding to improve the appearance of your smile. Some of these advantages include:
- The procedure is completed in a single appointment with an inexpensive material, so direct bonding is able to fit into just about anyone’s budget.
- Saved time. Direct bonding can be finished in just one visit, eliminating the need to take more time out of your busy schedule or wear temporaries.
- Conservative treatment. Very little, if any, enamel needs to be removed during the process of direct bonding, allowing you to retain more of your natural tooth structure.
- Provided you properly maintain your bonded teeth with regular brushing, flossing, and checkups and cleanings with your cosmetic dentist in Lexington, your results can last for years to come.
As you can see, there is no shortage of benefits to be found when you choose to revamp your smile with direct bonding. If you’re ready to kiss pesky smile flaws goodbye, then just give us a call today!