At Dental Wellness of Lexington, we offer our patients are a beneficial solution to fixing crooked teeth and bite issues: Invisalign. These clear, plastic aligners are an alternative to traditional braces, giving both adults and older, more mature teenagers a discreet way to receive treatment and achieve beautiful, lasting results. Invisalign in Lexington is not only a flexible treatment option, but it also straightens your teeth faster than traditional metal braces. If you’re tired of looking at your imperfect teeth and are ready to take the plunge with Invisalign, contact our office today to schedule a consultation!
Invisalign – Lexington, KY
Creating Straighter Smiles In Less Time
Why Choose Dental Wellness of Lexington For Invisalign?
- Invisible treatment resulting in a straighter smile
- Customized treatment plans that cater to your individual dental needs
- State-of-the-art facility filled with the latest technology
How Does the Invisalign Process Work?
To begin the process, you’ll schedule a consultation with a qualified dentist in Lexington to discuss the process of getting Invisalign treatment. During this initial meeting, we’ll examine your mouth and craft a personalized treatment plan. Taking digital impressions of your teeth, we’ll be able to show you step-by-step what your smile will look like throughout the process.
Once your aligners are ready, you’ll return to our office and pick them up to begin treatment. You’ll wear these lightweight, clear, plastic aligners for two weeks before switching to the next set in the series. With each new set, your teeth will gently shift toward the desired position.
Am I a Qualified Candidate for Invisalign?
There are ways to tell if you are a qualified candidate but only our dentists can thoroughly examine your mouth to officially determine if Invisalign is right for you. Some factors include:
- Dentalneeds: If you have gaps between your teeth, crowded teeth, bite issues or crooked teeth, you are eligible for Invisalign.
- Age: Invisalign is designed for adults and older teenagers. This is because Invisalign requires a level of responsibility and commitment that may younger children and teens do not have or understand. Additionally, younger children’s teeth are still growing, which is another reason Invisalign is not a suitable solution.
- Dedication: If you are committed to wearing your aligners 20-22 hours each day and promise to maintain your trays throughout the treatment process, Invisalign will be a great option for you.
What Are the Overall Benefits of Invisalign?
- They’re undetectable. The clear plastic makes it almost impossible for anyone to notice your teeth are being treated.
- Invisalign aligners are removable. This means you should remove your trays prior to eating or drinking. Additionally, you’ll need to remove your trays to clean them.
- They’re easy to clean. Using a toothbrush, clear soap, and lukewarm water, you can remove dried saliva and bacteria from your trays, keeping them clean.
- They offer a quicker solution. Depending on your individual dental needs, you can often achieve a straighter smile in less time than with traditional braces.
- You won’t experience irritation. Because there are no brackets or wires, you don’t have to worry about your gums, cheeks or lips becoming irritated.
- It’s a gentler treatment option. While traditional braces require the wire to be adjusted, essentially forcing the teeth to move, Invisalign gently shifts your teeth, causing minimal discomfort.